Traducir al EspaƱol

Friday, June 24, 2016

What Is the Ancient Key?

I promised to tell you about The Ancient Key. Understanding this Key has added beautiful depths to my relationship with Jesus. I want you to know about it too! (If you haven’t already, check out last week’s post in order to learn the beginning of this story). Today I am going to share with you the download that He gave me when I asked Him what He meant by the phrase “Ancient Key” in the prophetic word I had read by Chuck Pierce.

Holy Spirit took me to the book of Proverbs in order to answer my question. He highlighted for me a passage that draws us back to the earliest of times: the very beginning. The first word in the mysterious phrase needing explanation was Ancient. What could be more ancient on our timeline than His creation of the planet? Proverbs 8 provides us with an exquisite window into the birthing of our temporal home. In the following words from that chapter, I hear Jesus expressing His heart. I hear Him describing, with uncontained wonder, the experience of sharing with His Daddy the bringing forth of the Earth: “When He established the heavens, I was there;…I was constantly at His side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in His presence (Prov. 8:27a, 30, NET).”

The Ancient Key is woven into those sacred words. The perpetual delight shared between Daddy and Jesus is the Key that unlocks endless possibility. From before even time began, our Abba and His Firstborn have been basking in the indescribable bliss of their oneness. Human language fails at every attempt it makes to portray with words how profoundly They enjoy each other. “Day after day” They drink deeply of the intimate fellowship that flows unceasingly between Them. They are inseparable, “constantly” at the side of the Other. “Rejoicing always” in each Other’s nearness, tenderness, and fiery passion of reciprocated love.

Out of this union, Earth was born. Creation was the product of ultimate intimacy. We find this life-producing togetherness of Daddy, Jesus, and Holy Spirit from the very first verse of the Bible, on. “In the beginning, God…” The Hebrew word translated God there is Elohim. Elohim is plural! One God, three Persons loving each other in perfection. So we lean in, and we hear, “In the beginning, Daddy, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, basking in perfect Oneness, created the heavens and the earth.” Not much farther into the narrative, Elohim says, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness…” (Gen. 1:26). Do you hear the sheer, inexpressible delight of co-creating going on there? They then sat down to rest, to drink in, to love gaze at the masterpiece to which They had given birth. What an incredible understatement it was when Elohim uttered the pronouncement that “…indeed it was very good!” (Gen. 1:31, NKJV)

At the center of the universe is God. Elohim. Daddy, Jesus, Holy Spirit. Delight. Bliss. Burning. Drinking. Unrestrained, unbounded reveling in Togetherness. Everything else flows from this center. Together, they loved the creation into existence. There was so much love bursting up and out of Them, They longed for more beings to draw into Their circle of glorious intimacy. “Let Us make man…” They couldn’t contain it any longer! Earth was born, and as its centerpiece, Their magnum opus: daughters and sons made just like Them, created to delight as They do in love, intimacy, passion, and oneness. You and I literally were fashioned for Love. This is why you ache for it!

Holy Spirit also eagerly pointed my attention to John 1:18. “No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him” (NKJV). This verse contains amazing insight into the unchangeable location of Jesus the Son. He was, is, and forevermore will be, in the bosom of the Father. In Daddy’s embrace. He has learned the secret of endless contentment and feasting for His soul: never leave Daddy’s lap. Never untangle the Oneness. “In Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore,” the Spirit of Jesus exclaims to His Daddy (Ps. 16:11).

The Apostle John is the one Elohim chose as His mouthpiece for this truth. The revelation of Jesus wrapped up in Daddy’s embrace was so fundamental to him that it made the very first chapter of his gospel (Look again at John 1:18). This was the man who got to live out the same bosom experience personally. He learned for himself the wordless bliss of physically leaning into Jesus. No doubt that with this one simple line of his writing, he was describing the moment that defined the rest of his earthly sojourn: “Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples…” (John 13:23, NKJV)

John got to actually press his ear into his Master’s chest and hear His beautiful heart beating out the strong, steady rhythm of perfect love for him. He got to feel the most loving human arms that ever embraced anyone, wrapped around him. No wonder he came to identify himself in his descriptions of their times together as the disciple that Jesus loved!

Later this Apostle of love again penned insight into Elohim’s unending Togetherness. Upon having the astonishing vision described in the book of Revelation, John recorded for us the following words from Jesus’ mouth: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne” (Rev. 3:20-21, NKJV).

Remember everything we have been discussing about feeding on Jesus? Here is yet another summons to the feast. Can you hear Him? “I am knocking! Will you let Me in? Will you commune with Me? Will you drink in My closeness? Will you revel in oneness with Me? I have the most profoundly satisfying banquet prepared and ready to feed your spirit!”

“To him who overcomes…” How do we overcome? By responding to the invitation. By coming to the table. By feeding on His nearness, on His fellowship, on His love. “I will grant to sit with Me on My throne…” Do you hear it? You are beckoned into His lap! I’m pretty sure that in His immensity, He takes up all the space on the seat of His throne. Where will you fit? In His bosom. Just like He is on Daddy’s throne with Him, in His bosom…

The Ancient Key is oneness. It is the ecstasy of eternal, mutual delighting. It is joining in the love circle with Daddy, Jesus, and Holy Spirit. This is the Key that will unlock any and every door of impossibility. Is some seemingly immovable mountain staring you down? For now, ignore it. Turn your back to it and look up into Elohim’s waiting eyes. Take in the everlasting Arms reaching out for you. Melt into them and listen to Their heart beating with unending pleasure in your closeness. When you are filled to overflowing with this bliss, that mountain is going to look like nothing before Them. Satiated with Their love glory, you will be brimming over with readiness to order it into the heart of the sea!

Daddy God, from eternity past You have been rejoicing over Jesus and Holy Spirit with singing. Your hearts have been bursting with love, burning with passion, elated with togetherness, dancing with reciprocal delight! There is no end to the expression of the uncontained joy in Your consuming fire. I feel, see, hear you beckoning to me. Draw me in! Take me! Overcome me too with the reality of what is within You. Teach me to abide with You, to be ever more aware of my oneness with You. You created me for this. I was born to love You with the very depths of my being. I exist to glorify You and enjoy You forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment